Study Room Reservations at Kaplan Family Library
Room Reservation Overview
Kaplan Family Library Study Rooms
The study rooms at Kaplan Family Library & Learning Center (DC 132, 207, 214, 215, 216 and 217) are intended primarily for the use of MSMC students.
However, the library will work with administrators, faculty, and staff to accommodate other needs, as well. Any MSMC employee wishing to reserve a library study room should contact Erica Dolan, Library Administrative Assistant, by email at email@example.com or at 845-569-3602 for assistance.
Community members who wish to use library spaces should contact Kathleen McCoy, Director of Campus Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 845-569-3340.
Room Reservation Policies and Guidelines
- Only students with an “@my.msmc.edu” email address may reserve a room online.
- A student may reserve a room for up to two hours per calendar day.
- Reservations may be made on the current day or up to two weeks in advance.
- Each study room is equipped with at least one dry erase board. Dry erase markers may be purchased at the Check-out Desk for $1 each.
- A confirmation will be sent to the email address provided when making the reservation.
- Reservations may be canceled by following the steps in the confirmation message.
- A canceled reservation does not count toward a student’s 2-hour daily reservation limit.
- Study rooms may become unavailable on short notice due to room damage, unexpected events, or other circumstances. In these cases, the library reserves the right to cancel or amend all existing and future reservations for that room. You will be notified if your reservation is canceled or changed by the library.
- PLEASE NOTE: Open, unreserved study rooms are available to be used on a drop-in basis. However, reservations take precedence over drop-in use, so you are advised to make a reservation, even on the spot.
Should you have additional questions or concerns about the Kaplan Library Study Room Reservation system, please call our Check-out Desk at 845-569-3600. We welcome your suggestions for improvements – please use our online feedback form.